A chronicle of my very unfocused miniature efforts.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Work in Process photos of my Chaos Space Marine Nurgle army
While I haven't done much posting I have spent the last month working hard on finishing up my chaos space marine army. I have been rushing to get it ready for using at the Bay Area Open in a few days. It hasn't been too bad and while the army isn't "done" it is in a state I am okay with bringing it to the table.
On with the pictures!!
These pictures are rather random. I had originally thought I would use them for blog posts but I just got lazy.
Cadian Plague Zombies. Built from Cadian and Fantasy Zombie kits.
Basing up the whole army. I like to do the sand before priming. I find it helps the sand "stick" even better to the base when it's got primer on it.
I went with a black primer
I used my airbrush to put a base coat of GW Death World Forest. I tried to keep it out of the cracks.
I then put a highlight coat of my custom color on top of the Death World Forest. It's a mix of 2 parts Deathworld Forest, 1 part Karak Stone and 2 parts Screaming Skull. It ends up being a nice desaturated green and it's easy to highlight. Looks great after washing.
Putting the gold down on these guys took a ton of time. I even started bringing them to work and painting during lunch in my office to get them done in a reasonable amount of time. I am guessing I spent about 15 to 20 hours doing gold on these 4 models.
I then put wash on the whole army. I used a mix of 1 part Nuln Oil/1 part Agrax Earthshade/1 part GW medium.
After finishing details and painting the bases.
I sprayed my zombies with a 50/50 mix of Nurgling green and wych flesh. I tried to spray only from the top to really help with shading. I knew I didn't want to get too detailed with these guys and I want the wash to do the work.
I then washed about 25% of them with each of the above washes. I liked the idea of different colored zombie flesh.