Thursday, September 15, 2011

Getting ready for Da Grand Waaagh 2011

I've been spending some hobby time this last week getting ready for Da Grand Waaagh GT at the end of this month. I'd signed up back in June, though it finally occurred to me that I actually have to get ready.  I played in it last year, and appart with some glaring issues they had with their painting scores (I had a higher painter score then my Golden Demon caliber buddy) it was a fun two days.

Most of my summer has been taken up with getting married (funny how that eats up all your hobby time), increased job duties at work, and my family.  I haven't done much painting other then some work on my Grey Knights. They are barely half done and I am worried they won't get finished for a while.

My imperial guard is who I decided to bring with me to the GT.  I could have rushed and finished my Grey Knights, but being an all terminator list I would have been killed on comp and I just didn't have the time.  I also feel like my IG are painted up pretty well, so I should get a decent paint score.  The only thing I have left to do is spruce up the bases and basing, as well as add some decals.

I've started adding the unit decals, and it is amazing how well the white decals pop on the cadians.  The basing has been helped by a second coat of paint around the rim to cover up my errant brush from highlighting the sand and I plan on adding some leaves and rocks from the GW fantasy basing kit I picked up last night. 

I am very excited for the tourney, and as I haven't even played in five months I have no qualms about getting my teeth kicked in, so it really takes the pressure off. I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend of playing a ton of 40k and getting to meet some new players.

0 comments:

Post a Comment