Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Forgeworld Shadowsword painted with Imperial Armour Masterclass methods is done

I started working on this model back in Feburary of 2012 along with a Baneblade and after a certain point finished the Baneblade and didn't touch the Shadowsword.  It was at a point where it only had a few details and battle damage to do, so I just left it alone.  I've also had a lot of models in my queue I was actually playing with (including a ton of Khador) so I couldn't justify the time for the last few months to work on this model.

Last weekend I found myself with some free time and rather than keep painting on my Khador I wanted to do something different.  I just wasn't in the mood.  I looked over, and there was my poor abandoned Shadowsword.  It took me the better part of an afternoon to finish the weathering and details, though I am really glad I put the brush time in.  I am very happy with the end result and I really regret not finishing this model earlier.

A note on how it came it out, compared to the Baneblade, It's not quite as dirty as the Baneblade as in my head, the Baneblade would be on the front lines and a Shadowsword would be taking shots at Titans in the rear of the lines.

On with the pictures!












2 comments:

  1. That looks outstanding Sean! Man we gotta get those bad boys on the table ASAP!

    ReplyDelete