Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sideproject - Valkyrie Down (update)

I added some more damage and painted up the crashed Valkyrie's exterior today.  I took the lazy route and used spray paint for the black undercoat as well as the green base coat.  I did end up using a brush to apply some boltgun metal to the inside of the model as well as the heavy bolter.

I started the base of the terrain piece by carving up some foam rocks, putting them on a piece of wood and adding sand.  I gave it a liberal coat of glue/water mix so I could spray it and 8 hours later (took forever to dry) sprayed it black.  It's a bit hard to tell from the photo, but its about 12 inches by 12 inches.


Post a Comment