After about an hour of walk through on methods and items needed for this type of weathering I felt pretty confident and went shopping. I picked up the needed floor cleaner and oil paints. I spent most of Saturday playing around with these new techniques, and like the previous ones I've been trying, realized they are pretty easy and just take some time.
I used my airbrush to spray on the Pledge and then started up with the oil paints. It really does flow extremely well, and works better then any water based wash I have ever used. I then applied the rust pigments. These are how the model looked at the end of the day
I don't have a ton left to do. Need to highlight the Commissar, finish the sites, and add some metallic pigment to the guns. I also might add some more details to the Heavy Bolters, I'm not sure if it's overkill.