I didn't get much done on the Baneblade, I added some metallic powders on the barrel and cleaned up some of the engine spaces, but what I did work on was my Lord Castellan Creed model that I picked up last weekend. I don't know how effective he will be in this particular list I am bring to the Bay Area Open, though he seems rather thematic as it is a big epic battle.
I am on the fence about the border of his coat, as it is a bit bright, though I kind of like it. I also left his hands painted as if they are gloves, as what self respecting general doesn't wear gloves in the field?
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Monday, February 27, 2012
After about an hour of walk through on methods and items needed for this type of weathering I felt pretty confident and went shopping. I picked up the needed floor cleaner and oil paints. I spent most of Saturday playing around with these new techniques, and like the previous ones I've been trying, realized they are pretty easy and just take some time.
I used my airbrush to spray on the Pledge and then started up with the oil paints. It really does flow extremely well, and works better then any water based wash I have ever used. I then applied the rust pigments. These are how the model looked at the end of the day
I don't have a ton left to do. Need to highlight the Commissar, finish the sites, and add some metallic pigment to the guns. I also might add some more details to the Heavy Bolters, I'm not sure if it's overkill.
Posted by Sean Ireland at 9:06 AM
Friday, February 24, 2012
Next on the menu is to get some floor finish and oil paints to try using them for getting paints and rain effects on the armor of the vehicles. This is the part I am most nervous about, hopefully it is as easy as most of the steps so far have been.
I used the same Baneblade decal sheet I used on the Baneblade to add some stickers. I decided to name this tank "Wrath" from the available choices. Once again I went with the number 31 to show some solidarity with the Baneblade. Eventually I may get another Baneblade so I have a mixed company of Super Heavies.
Posted by Sean Ireland at 10:57 AM
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Last night I got further along on my Bandeblade I am working on for the Bay Area Open. I've got about two weeks, so I still think I have plenty of time to finish this one as well as my Shadowsword so I can have a game day decision about what to use. I think the Baneblade may be better in most games, though I will really want the Shadowsword if I have to go against other super heavies.
On with the battle damage. I used the desert yellow to "chip" the paint of the green sections, and I used Adeptus Battlegrey on the yellow to show the paint chipped away to bare metal. I also added some decals. I Wanted to get most of this done before I start adding weathering powders.
Posted by Sean Ireland at 10:10 AM
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Forgeworld Shadowsword and GW Baneblade Painting Progress - Using Imperial Armour Masterclass Scheme
I had gotten the Imperial Armour Model Masterclass book from my Brother-in-Law for Christmas and I decided to try using one of the paint schemes and weathering techniques.
I had gotten the Baneblade 90% assembled, so I spent some time finishing the build on Friday night.
How I received the Baneblade.
I decided to drill out a few items and install a commissar lord into the turret.
I used a white primer to help the Desert Yellow "pop".
Posted by Sean Ireland at 10:47 AM