Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Resistance

I've got to resist my urge to pick up some GK's. I've got an an IG army I still haven't finished painting (I've sworn I'll finish it during my son's swimming season, we'll see...) and over the last six months I've been trying to trim down the armies that I have.  I didn't have any trouble resisting the DE release in October, but I'm having some trouble this time.

I like the models, the fluff is okay, but what really grabs me is the play of the army seems"fun". I like how they have a lot of unique weapons you don't see in other lists, but you still get a lot of MEU.  The allure of playing a 2+ heavy list is going to be tough to resist.   Most likely I'll pick up the codex and be able to resist the shiny new army syndrome that I have been able to suppress in the past, but I don't know if I am strong enough. I've been telling myself for a while I won't fall prey to that most cliche of gamer behavior and pick up a new army when it comes out (at least until the tau come out, but I played them in 3rd before my leave of absence).

0 comments:

Post a Comment