Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Painting Death Shroud Terminators

After assembling 60 MK3 marines I decided I wanted to actually paint something.  Airbrush worked much better than I had anticipated.  I am spraying a GW base paint and I expected to deal with clogs.  I did a few things to mitigate this.  I did some extra "cutting".




  • 40% paint
  • 50% water
  • 10% flow-aid
If you haven't used flow-aid before, it's a Liquitex product and its amazing.  I use it to make washes flow even better into spaces and I use it when cutting my airbrush paint to help get the paint through the nozzle.

I also went through one additional step and used an automotive disposable paint filter to run the paint through.  I'm not sure it did anything though I can say with the above two steps I had zero problems spraying ten models and zero problems cleaning up the brush.  We'll see how the above method holds up when I paint the first batch of 20 Mk3 marines.  That will be a bigger test. 





Filter I used. 



















2 comments:

  1. Công ty TNHH Thương Mại Bùi Minh với kinh nghiệm gần 10 năm chuyên cung cấp thiết bị vệ sinh. Bùi Minh luôn đảm bảo mang đến khách hàng những sản phẩm chính hãng, chất lượng cao. Nhận được sự yêu thích và ủng hộ của khách hàng.
    bồn tắm massage
    Top Gạch
    American Standard
    Youtube Bùi Minh

    ReplyDelete