Wednesday, March 7, 2012

First Painted Warmachine Models - Khador Man-O-War Shocktroopers

I got 95% of what I needed to do to finish up my first Warmachine Unit.  I still have some details to finish, I want to add some subtle edge highlights as well work on the exhaust a bit. 

These models really grew on me once I started painting them.  Being a mostly Games Workshop gamer it has taken me some time to get used to how other companies build their models.  I figure it has more to do with style issues, and I am just used to a different style than Privateer Press' models. 


After Airbrushing the base coat and some highlights I washed some of the recessed areas with Secret Weapon Miniatures "Dark Sepia"
 Edged most of the metal with Gold.  The standard scheme has a lot less gold, but as I am a big fan of red and gold I went a little overboard on purpose.

 I used a similar technique to tank painting to make the armor a bit scratched up.  I also added some metallic pigment to the weapon blades.  The bases got a basecoat as well.

 I used some black pigment on the exhaust ports of the armor and finished the bases up with some snow and grass. I painted the rims black, as that looks like a standard color for Warmachine bases.  I need to figure out if I have to mark the front arc, and if so how to do it.  I am thinking about either putting some lines on the base or painting half the base a different color, maybe gray or red.











0 comments:

Post a Comment