Thursday, November 11, 2010

Diving In

Built my first model from "The Box" last night. Felt like putting together a basalisk. I haven't done one in a long time, I did one about 8 years ago and they are so much easier to put together. Though the cannon is still a pain, that system to make the thing move up and down does not work very well. I ended up just gluing it down. I also am not a fan of the empty space between the gun platfrom and the bottom of the Chimera chasis. I might try putting a piece of plasticard in there.

I did have one issue that was very anoying, the chasis itself was tweaked a bit. I could see it on the sprue and I was hoping that the slight bend to the pieces woudn't affect the model, but it did. I hate when my vehicles don't sit flat. I'm hoping when I add in the treads, after painting, that it sits a bit better. I don't have high hopes, but it's also not the end of the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment