Wednesday, October 5, 2011

40k Old School - Back to Chaos Space Marines

There is a reason I named this blog what I did, and it's because I like to collect armies.  It's that time again.  This time I'm not so much going out and getting something new, as I'm going to pick up some chaos models to supplement what I have and build a more nurgle inspired force.  

Since Da Grand Waaagh I've been looking to play something else, mostly because I like my guard, but they are just, well, shooty.  I'd like to play a game where the third phase is something other then a phase where I pull models. 

I decided I wanted to work on an assault army and that narrowed it down.  I also really wanted to work on something I knew/already have.  Other then about an hour where I contemplated demons, but due to their one really effective build, I knew I wanted a 3+ army. 

Up until last week I thought I would revamp my blood ravens (a counts as blood angels force) until a buddy of mine mentioned half jokingly I should buy his nurgle marines, as he is looking to get rid of them.  I thought about it for a little while and decided it would be nice to get a head start on an army for once.    The models are gorgeous so it wasn't a hard decision.  The nice thing about nurgle is if I work on the conversions and keep some of the same palate it is the one army I could get pretty close to matching his paintjob. 

I've already decided what I want to add, and I am thinking about a list with three plague marine units and two land raiders with terminators in them.  I have a really old Mark I land raider and this would finally give me an excuse to use it.  I've always liked the idea of Chaos using old marine models.  It's not like they are going to be able to get the new plans when the new model years come out.

Most of my chaos stuff is third ed, and it was my first painted army.  I haven't even used it in fifth, so I am going to have to do some stripping or just replace some models.  Either way it will be nice to get back to my roots.  I played a lot of chaos in third, other then tau, it was about the only army I stuck with in my prior 40k career and it was the only army I kept after all the ebay purges.

Now I have to find some good nurgle dice....






0 comments:

Post a Comment